NURITOPIA User Generated Content (UGC)
This UGC Usage Guideline (“Guideline”) contains overall use and guidelines of NURITOPIA and its services, provided by NuriFlex Holdings Inc. and/or Nuriworld DMCC.
What is UGC?
- UGC stands for user-generated content and is any form of content that is created by people/users.
- In NURITOPIA, examples of UGCs include avatars, posts, items, live streams, etc. created and posted by creators.
- UGC utilizes NURITOPIA IP contents when it is created, so items that are created from content on the NURITOPIA platform such as items, goods, videos, etc. are considered UGC.
- NURITOPIA IP (Intellectual Property) contents mean all works (avatars, items, videos, images, games, text, stories, graphics, music, live broadcasts, etc.) created to operate and run the Service in connection with the NURITOPIA Service. All copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the content in the service created by the company shall belong to the company.
- NURITOPIA supports creators from all over the world to create and distribute creative UGC for non-commercial use. However, please do not use NURITOPIA IP without permission or earn profit from it.
- If you are planning on creating and distributing UGC with NURITOPIA IP content for commercial use, please submit an inquiry in advance.
Things to Note When Creating UGC Using NURITOPIA
- Non-discrimination and Diversity
- As a global platform with users from all over the world, NURITOPIA values diversity. Please do not include any controversial discriminatory elements such as nationality, age, political views, gender, sexual orientation, race, culture, religion, etc in the UGC.
- Copyright and Trademark Protection
- Contents through collaboration with real brands should not be included in the UGC.
- Do not infringe legally protected external trademark rights when creating UGC.
- When creating UGC with an avatar, the avatar may not wear any items that display the trademarks of other affiliated brands. We recommend wearing official items created by NURITOPIA or creator items.
Permissible Merchandise and Content Production Using NURITOPIA
- General Individual Creator
- "General Individual Creators" refers to creators who wish to utilize NURITOPIA IP content for their own personal use or to promote small or personal events.
- You can create informational content using your avatar.
- You cannot create content using the avatar of another account.
- You can create, possess, distribute for free small amounts of merchandise using your avatar. However, selling them for commercial purposes is not permitted.
- In the case of unauthorized production, distribution and sale of secondary creations using NURITOPIA IP contents by a business (for commercial use by company, organization, etc.) of a certain size or more without a commercial license agreement with NURITOPIA (NuriFlex Holdings Inc., Nuriworld DMCC), NURITOPIA (NuriFlex Holdings Inc., Nuriworld DMCC) has the right to claim legal liability. In this instance, please note that even if it is an individual, not a company or an organization, any commercial action taken is considered business.
- Corporate and Organizations
- It is acceptable to create an avatar with a logo, image, mascot, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "persona") or one that represents a company or for-profit organization and use it to create informational content.
- For NGOs, schools, and public institutions, it is acceptable to produce informative content, not for profit.
- For NGOs, schools and public institutions, creation, possession and free distribution of small amounts of merchandise using your avatar as a persona is acceptable. However, selling them for commercial purposes is not permitted.
- If UGC content contains commercial advertising elements or is used for commercial advertising, a commercial license agreement with NURITOPIA is required in advance. In the event of unauthorized production, distribution or sale of secondary creations using NURITOPIA IP contents without prior consultation, NURITOPIA may claim legal liability.
- 'Commercial Advertising Elements' include the following:
- Promotional posts of events with NURITOPIA products, companies and brands
- Online/offline promotional posts for NURITOPIA products, companies and brands (promotional videos, ads, posters, etc.)
- All forms of advertising content (Youtube ads, online banner/social media ads, offline public transportation/outdoors ads, etc.)
- Non-commercial content for which advertising expenses were paid
- When NURITOPIA IP content is included in any form such as images on merchandise
- False/exaggerated advertisements, as well as advertisements for products/services that violate content guidelines are prohibited. In addition, if you post an advertisement that contains items that require separate censorship, the content may be deleted at any time, even if it is a legitimate product/service.
- Publishing - Books
- If you are introducing NURITOPIA in a book that covers metaverse and related fields and are using unedited images of your avatar or content from NURITOPIA official social media accounts or pages, you must indicate NURITOPIA as the source.
- However, images that use other users' avatars or avatars that depict public figures without proper approval is prohibited.
- For books that cover how to use NURITOPIA, you may use your avatar in the screenshots of the in-app screen.
- However, please do not indicate that the book is the official guide or include the NURITOPIA logo in order to prevent confusion for consumers.
- Please make sure that the information on using NURITOPIA is accurate.
- The screen composition, usage, policy, etc. are frequently changed due to service updates. Please note that the book contains up-to-date and correct information at the time of publication.
- Publishing - Magazines/Periodicals
- If you are introducing NURITOPIA using unedited images of your avatar or content from NURITOPIA official social media accounts or pages, you must indicate NURITOPIA as the source.
- However, images that use other users' avatars or avatars that depict public figures without proper approval are prohibited.
- If you are planning to produce and distribute content or articles using content from celebrities or other brands in NURITOPIA, please contact us in advance.
- Participation in Competitions/Contests
- The use of NURITOPIA avatars and service images to participate in contests or competitions for metaverse-related apps or services is prohibited.
- The use of NURITOPIA avatars and service images for example or simple screenshots in contests or competitions unrelated to metaverse apps or related services is allowed if NURITOPIA is indicated as the source.
- Submitting items made by yourself within NURITOPIA is only possible if the content is made by yourself (including groups).
- NFT Production
- For non-profit purposes, only individual creators are allowed to produce, own, and share NFTs in small quantities using their own avatars (check the production scale with NURITOPIA team). However, it is not allowed to produce and sell NFTs for commercial purposes.
- You are not allowed to create NFTs that violate other users' rights, or distribute NFTs in conjunction with your own account ownership rights or NURITOPIA products.
- The NFT value may be invalidated at the end of the NURITOPIA service, and the NFT distributor must notify the other party of this to indemnify NURITOPIA.
- We are not responsible for any damage caused by transactions we did not allow.
- Any violation of this guideline may result in loss in accordance with this guideline, and in the event of a dispute, it must be resolved at the user's own expense and NURITOPIA must be indemnified from it.
Other Common NURITOPIA UGC Creation Rules
- Creating and distributing UGC with content that may be mistaken for content produced officially by NURITOPIA is prohibited.
- You must indicate the source when publishing UGC.
- For UGC that violates IP usage guidelines and regulations, NURITOPIA has the right to immediately revoke the permission to use NURITOPIA IP content, request that the UGC is taken down without prior notice and restrict the use of NURITOPIA services.
- This guideline is a standard guide to enhance the creators' experiences with creating UGCs and can be modified at any time. Separate policies may be applied depending on individual cases.
- These guidelines are effective while the Company operates NURITOPIA and will continue to apply regardless of account status.
This Guideline is effective from June 30, 2023, 12:00AM (UTC)